[ubuntu-uk] Issues with paring Bluetooth devices

Matthew Macdonald-Wallace matthew at truthisfreedom.org.uk
Mon Jun 11 16:27:38 BST 2007

Hi All,

I'm using Feisty (Ubuntu) and trying to hack a script together to run
with my phone via bluetooth (more details at a later date... ;)
however I'm having real issues pairing the devices.

The phone is a K750i and the BT device is a USB Dongle that has worked
flawlessly in the past.

I can do an OBEX push from the PC to the phone and I can scan using
hcitool, however as soon as I do an hcitool cc MACADDR followed by a
hcitool auth MACADDR it fails either saying that "the device is not
connected" or that there is an error with HCITool (i'm not in front of
my home PC right now, so I caouldnm't give the exact text... :( )

The phone shows that there is an attempt to connect, however it cust
off almost immediately.

Any help welcome as this is really starting to get to me!

Cheers,

Matt.
--
Matthew Macdonald-Wallace