[ubuntu-uk] Format of mails on this list.

Peter Lewis prlewis at letterboxes.org
Sun Jun 10 10:43:27 BST 2007

On Sunday 10 June 2007 10:33:01 Tony Arnold wrote:
> Peter Lewis wrote:
> > This isn't in any way intended to be a gripe, but I was wondering what it
> > is with the mails that come through on this list - very often the
> > formatting is completely messed up. I've never experienced this on any
> > other mailing list (I use quite a few), but this kind of thing is what
> > I'm talking about:
>
> Is it just messages sent in HTML that causes you problems? James message
> was fine for me. What mailer do you use?

Ah, was it one of those messages sent double (once in HTML, once in text)? I
use KMail and have HTML disabled (which is the way I'd like it to stay).
Maybe it just showed the text version of the mail then, on which James's
mailer messed up the formatting.

I wonder in that case if we can reiterate the etiquette with HTML and mailing
lists? Perhaps with instructions for individual mailers?

Cheers,

Pete.