[ubuntu-uk] Ubuntu, SMS, Zoneminder and a Windows-based phone...

Matthew Macdonald-Wallace matthew at truthisfreedom.org.uk
Thu Jun 7 16:23:41 BST 2007

OK, Here's a challenge for you:

I have a zone-minder setup at home.  I also have an old Windows Mobile
2003 HTC Hurricane mobile phone (AKA Orange MPV500).

What I want to do is have ZoneMinder trigger an alarm that then executes
a script that will send an SMS from the Windows Mobile Phone.

Obviously, this comprises of (at least) two steps:

1) Get the phone sending messages from Ubuntu
2) Get ZoneMinder to send the messages

I've had a rough google at this, but I need the collective brain power
of the group.

I promise to write a how-to on this once I get it running...

Cheers,

Matt.
--
Matthew Macdonald-Wallace