[ubuntu-uk] rsync chgrp problem - advice, please?

Robert McWilliam rmcw at allmail.net
Thu Jun 7 08:33:43 BST 2007

On Thu, 07 Jun 2007 08:18:51 +0100
luxxius <luxxius at googlemail.com> wrote:
> I've tried Tony's one-liner, which would work a treat with orthodox
> file names.  Sadly, a lot of mine are from CD rips, and contain
> spaces.  So the suggested script gags on the un-escaped spaces.  Rats!

There is a way to get the text inserted for the $i to be quoted, but I
can never remember what it is. Using the -exec option to find works
with spaces in the file names.

Robert McWilliam     rmcw at allmail.net    www.ormiret.com

A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you
least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of
your unit. - the US Army's magazine of preventive maintenance.