[ubuntu-uk] rsync chgrp problem - advice, please?

luxxius luxxius at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 7 07:02:06 BST 2007

Neil Greenwood wrote:
<snip>
> check the group for the files that gave errors and one
> of the files that didn't. Change the problem files to be in the group
> that isn't causing problems.

I can find all the files with the group that's causing the hiccup using

	find /home/diana/music -group diana

Is there a simple way to redirect the results to chgrp root and then
chmod them to 664 so that I can automate this in future?

(I've been trying, without success, to pipe the find results, but I'm
struggling now.  Books are fine for individual commands, but not much
help for creating processes or very simple scripts)

TIA
--
Diana