[ubuntu-uk] Repo's on Demand was repo in a box

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Wed Jun 6 23:39:15 BST 2007

On Wed, 2007-06-06 at 21:32 +0100, Ian Pascoe wrote:
> Alan
>
> Yep, fair comment on the CD / DVDs.  As a matter of interest, obviously  the
> size of the required disk space will increase as the distro matures - ie
> taking in all the updates etc.  Can we find out how big Edgy grew before
> Fiesty was launched?

Funny you should ask.

For i386 only (measured in GiB):-

Release: full size (binary only size)

Dapper: 31.3 (14.9)
Edgy: 34.1 (17.2)
Feisty: 33.1 (16.3)
Gutsy: 34.5 (16.7) (currently)

For AMD64 and powerpc it is much the same, sparc is about 1GiB (0.5GiB)
smaller.

> Mind you <puts tin hat on> would there actually be cause for such a service
> within the UK at the moment for people who are not Internet connected?

Not much. I would imagine. However I can see a substantial number of
non-UK residents appreciating this.

Cheers,
Al