[ubuntu-uk] Flickr

Freddie Ruddick frederific at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 1 18:00:18 BST 2007

On Fri, 2007-06-01 at 14:51 +0100, Tony Arnold wrote:
> A bit of a hijack, but in F-spot when uploading to Flickr, there is an
> option to set the resolution/size of the image, but it's a single figure
> with units of pixels. Any idea what this means?

Tony,

As I understand it, F-Spot will retain the orientation of the photo,
then scale it down so that the longest edge of the image is [whatever
you put in the box] pixels long. So if you have an image 1000*1200, and
you enter 120 in the box, it will scale it to 100*120. Or if your
original image is 1200*1000, it will take it to 120*100

I hope that made some kind of sense!

Freddie :)