[ubuntu-uk] Why not fix this?

Robert McWilliam rmcw at allmail.net
Tue Jul 31 13:16:05 BST 2007

On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 06:29:11 +0100
Mac <Ammonius.Grammaticus at googlemail.com> wrote:
> I'm glad it's not just me who has difficulty with identifying the
> chipsets in wireless cards.  I've read every detail in the specs of
> dozens of PCMCIA cards in online stores, and I don't think I've found
> a single one that actually tells you what the chipset is.  Can anyone
> advise how exactly they find out what chipset a card has in it?

When buying online you have a period of time (I can never remember how
long it is) to return products for any reason. If I can't get good info
on whether or not hardware will work I tend to go for the approach of
buying something and if it doesn't work sending it back (putting down
its lack of compatibility with linux as the reason - if enough people
do this we might start getting better info).