No subject

Tue Jul 10 10:02:55 BST 2007

In Mauritius, Ubuntu has just been introduced and it is only now that people are getting to know what it is all about. I presume it might still be the case in some countries.. As a result, I strongly believe that in a near future, Ubuntu will become more popular than it is now and eventually, the number of users will increase.

Chris Rowson <christopherrowson at gmail.com> wrote: > > >From my own experience of talking to others and generally noticing
> > trends I would say that Ubuntu gets more home usage than Mac OS in the
> > UK.
> >
> > Does anyone have any facts or figures to confirm or deny this? Can
> > anyone suggest any ways to get an idea of how true this is?
> >
> > Mac OS doesn't seem to be very successful in the UK but Ubuntu is
> > getting very popular.
> >
> > Thanks.

It's awkward to figure out how many people use Ubuntu in the UK, as
unlike Mac OSX or Windows it isn't sold!

Mark Shuttleworth suggested in 2006 that there where around 8 million
Ubuntu users http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ubuntu_(Linux_distribution)
so I suppose that's as close as you'll get ;-)

In comparison Apple claims 15 million users of Mac OSX, so Ubuntu
isn't doing too badly given the length of time its been around.

ubuntu-uk at lists.ubuntu.com
https://wiki.kubuntu.org/UKTeam/