[ubuntu-uk] Ubuntu Usage in the UK

Josh Blacker jkblacker at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 16:33:12 BST 2007

On 7/30/07, Darren Mansell <darren.mansell at opengi.co.uk> wrote:
> >From my own experience of talking to others and generally noticing
> trends I would say that Ubuntu gets more home usage than Mac OS in the
> UK.
>
> Does anyone have any facts or figures to confirm or deny this? Can
> anyone suggest any ways to get an idea of how true this is?
>
> Mac OS doesn't seem to be very successful in the UK but Ubuntu is
> getting very popular.
>
> Thanks.

Find a site that's popular within the UK and ask very very nicely for
(some of) their visitor stats? I think websites can 'ask' your
computer what it's running (I've seen ads that normally say 'Protect
your *Windows* PC' telling me to 'Protect your *Linux* PC'. You should
be able to see breakdown of OSs that way, but I think it only records
Linux, not specifically Ubuntu. Something to look into, anyway.
--
Josh Blacker