[ubuntu-uk] Two operating systems

Sean Miller sean at seanmiller.net
Fri Jul 27 13:04:33 BST 2007

alan c wrote:
> However, if you use a second hd for ubuntu, there is very little
> touched on the first drive at all. So (almost) no risk to data.

Indeed... and if you're planning to throw the old Ubuntu disc away and
get a new larger one you might even consider backing up the whole
Windows drive onto that "old" drive, just to calm your fears.... in my
experience it has never been necessary to restore from such backups, but
to have a complete backup of Windows can never hurt - it being such a
tempestuous Operating System and all ;-)

Sean