[ubuntu-uk] [uk-marketing] Article for local mag

Darren.Mansell at opengi.co.uk Darren.Mansell at opengi.co.uk
Tue Jul 24 09:08:51 BST 2007

You seem to have a great understanding of marketing. I used to work for
a large British computer manufacturer (who shall remain nameless) and I
had a fair bit of involvement with the marketing department.

They used to do things like send spam emails out and get blocked from
some mail servers purely to get people talking about them. And a venture
into selling Linux PCs got them on the news too. It worked though, they
are one of the only independent UK OEMs still going (just about).