[ubuntu-uk] [uk-marketing] Article for local mag

Mark Harrison Mark at yourpropertyexpert.com
Tue Jul 24 07:37:30 BST 2007

Darren.Mansell at opengi.co.uk wrote:
> Fair enough. It's a difficult balance between factually correct and
> marketing.
>
> I left it as viruses because I thought virii may be too confusing for
> the uninitiated? I'm impressed by the leaflet by the way.

Wikipedia and the Oxford English Dictionary both say that "viruses" is
correct:

The latin plural "viri" does exist, but as the plural of "vir" (man) not
"virus" (poison).

The plural latin "virii" would imply that the singular were "virius",
not "virus".

More at http://linuxmafia.com/~rick/faq/plural-of-virus.html

Mark