[ubuntu-uk] Window XP on Ubuntu

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Sat Jul 14 15:45:25 BST 2007

Hi Chris,

On Sat, 2007-07-14 at 14:21 +0100, Chris Rowson wrote:
> > Don't know much about all this, but I came across this link.  Any
> > use/relevance?
> >
> > http://news.softpedia.com/news/Windows-Linux-Symbiosis-Not-a-Dream-Anymore-59314.shtml
> I'm guessing you'd have to have a pretty powerful PC to run Windows
> and Ubuntu at the same time like that though? I wonder if it'd work a
> wee bit quicker using Qemu rather than VMWare for emulation?

I'd be surprised if Qemu is faster than VMWare. Personally I use Qemu
and VirtualBox for my emulation needs, there's something about VMWare
(aside from the lack of freedom) that I don't like.

Doing seamless rdp is possible under Qemu, it's well documented on the
wiki.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WindowsXPUnderQemuHowTo
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/SeamlessVirtualization

Cheers,