[ubuntu-uk] we suck or we just act differently?

alan c aeclist at candt.waitrose.com
Wed Jul 11 16:57:32 BST 2007

Dave Murphy wrote:

> As others have pointed out, it's not a lack of action - we're all active
> in our own ways. Instead it's a lack of *organised* action. However
> co-ordinating a LUG has taught me that central organisation is extremely
> difficult to manage.

My experience with (my) volunteer run internet cafe over several years
was also that central organisation usually would kill volunteer
action. Clearly stated aims and a few minimum ground rules and a
positive approach worked very well.

When ideas and enthusiasm are of the essence, blocking or negative
comments are more likely in an open forum when the population are not
all present for the same reason. This is why I prefer the idea of a
separate uk marketing list.
--
alan cocks
Kubuntu user#10391