[ubuntu-uk] ubuntu-uk-marketing

Andy Loughran andy at zrmt.com
Mon Jul 9 20:36:19 BST 2007

Chris,

I think this is a good idea, but I think we also need to work out what we are marketing.  Ubuntu has taken off massively in the British Media over the last 12 months, and as someone put in the last thread, most British companies will go to Canonical for their PR.

I think the job of the ubuntu-uk marketing team is possibly to provide grassroots support for the distro, rather than attempt to be someone that the corporations will go to, but I'm really unsure how to progress this.

I do, however, think it necessary that an ubuntu-uk-marketing group be formed so that issues such as the one above can be clearly discussed and considered allowing ubuntu-uk to acheive whatever aims it may set itself.

+1 to the aforementioned ideas.

--------
Andy Loughran
www.zrmt.com