[ubuntu-uk] Ubuntu Studio (was BBC/Firefox etc.)

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Wed Jul 4 08:46:33 BST 2007

Hi Sean,

On Wed, 2007-07-04 at 08:01 +0100, Sean Miller wrote:
> Alan Pope wrote:
> > Add the medibuntu repo as per these instructions - this is so you can
> > install the necessary codecs.
> > http://www.medibuntu.org/repository.php
> >

> Is there a way to upgrade from Ubuntu Feisty to Ubuntu Studio from the
> command line, btw?  Or is it a case of having to re-install from scratch?

Hmm. Not sure I'd call going from Ubuntu Feisty to Ubuntu Studio an
"upgrade", more a cross-grade similar to going from Ubuntu to Kubuntu.

As I understand it you can install various ubuntu-studio meta packages
which pull in the necessary stuff.

Of course this is detailed in their documentation:-

http://ubuntustudio.org/downloads

Under the section "Ubuntu Studio Repository".

Cheers,
Al.