[ubuntu-uk] Power management on the desktop

Chris Rowson christopherrowson at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 22:16:29 BST 2007

> Guess you're looking to re-use existing parts?  Otherwise I'd suggest
> looking at the VIA EPIA motherboards which AFAIK don't use much power at
> all and still give reasonable-ish performance.
>
> Rob

Yeah, I was thinking of reusing some existing stuff. I've got most of
a P4 2.6 sony vaio, ati radeon 9600 3d card, a gig of ddr memory, and
i've just ordered a 320GB hard disk.

I aim to chuck it together to create something to connect to the new
TV I just bought so I can play a few PC games and work as a media
centre.

Chris