[ubuntu-uk] Skype

Robin Hall robinhall at f2s.com
Mon Jul 2 12:46:51 BST 2007

I have downloaded the latest version of Skype but after I have typed in
my password and clicked on "Sign in" I get the following error message,
"Database failure".  But, not every time.  Sometimes I actually do get
"signed in" and am able to use Skype.

I have put my problem to Skype but I am fobbed off with a reply that the
problem is covered in their FAQs.  Not that I can  find it there.

 I expect with some 8 million customers it will take a very small
proportion of them to email a query to swamp their customer services.

Any suggestions?