[ubuntu-uk] Ubuntu Studio

Matthew Larsen mat.larsen at gmail.com
Sun Jul 1 15:09:54 BST 2007

hey there

none that I am aware of, I would imagine because of the memory and
process requirements of the programs are very large so running off a
LiveCD would be a mission!

Can you use the laptop you loaded the software onto to demo it to them?

Also thanks for letting us know that you are pushing ubuntu-studio forward :-)

Regards

On 28/06/07, Rob Beard <rob at esdelle.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I work for a large media company who own a load of radio stations
> throughout the country.  I've been taking the opportunity to talk to
> some of the guys at the stations that I cover about Ubuntu and Linux in
> general.  So far I've got one person interested in dual booting and two
> others who switched to Ubuntu (albeit they switched back to Windows
> after a while).
>
> Now I was telling a couple of the producers about Ubuntu Studio.  From
> what I have read it looks like it is a fairly good alternative to some
> of the more common applications out on the market (Adobe Audition for
> instance).  The problem is, although I have Ubuntu Feisty installed on
> my work laptop, I want them to be able to try Ubuntu Studio on their own
> computers.  From what I gather the Ubuntu Studio ISO image is an install
> only version.  What I'm wondering is, does anyone know if there is a
> live version out there in the wild, or if not how easy is it to put one
> together?
>
> I'm thinking that if these producers can just pop in a CD/DVD in their
> computers to have a look they might be more inclined to switch to a dual
> boot (or Ubuntu only) system.
>
> Rob

Matthew G Larsen