[ubuntu-uk] BBC Vista Coverage

baza baza at themauvezone.fsnet.co.uk
Tue Jan 30 20:47:28 GMT 2007

On Tue, 2007-01-30 at 20:29 +0000, Colin_The_Technician wrote:
> Check out the Poll on
> http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/default.stm?dynamic_vote=ON#vote_vista_vote
> Seems 78.38% of us are not intending to update to Vista.  Probably not
> an acturate Poll as I voted 'no' three times.  Must be all those Linux
> fans boys out there click 'no' all day. :-)
>
> Colin

Face it, Vista will be massive. This not because people will be
installing it, after all who wants to get robbed? It's $100 in the US,
£100 here! SCAMARAMA!!

But when people buy a new computer you will be getting Vista in it, like
you did with XP. Where linux wins is when people start to discover what
a pain all the built in DRM in Vista is. How after it's been out for six
months to a year there will be virus problems etc.

So, rather than worrying about Vista, us Linux users should be aiming to
'convert' people who get sick of it.

I was looking at a Vista PC today, yeah, Vista looks nice, very rich in
eye candy, but who will care about that after they've been using it for
a while?

baz

--
http://walkertopia.com/blog