[ubuntu-uk] getting help - UK List

London School of Puppetry lspinfo at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 09:38:38 GMT 2007

On 29/01/07, Alan Pope <alan at popey.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 2007-01-29 at 22:20 +0000, Jonathan Roberts wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I haven't been following the list too closely lately but I've just a
> > quick look through some of the comments about this subject. I hope
> > this hasn't already been said but I'd suggest people join their local
> > LUG!
>
> I completely agree. LUGs are great! :) They can provide a great
> problem-solving resource, a sounding board, or just a place to chat when
> you're bored/lonely/in need of a beer/coffee/absinthe.
>
> In addition I have around a dozen good friends I have met through my
> local LUG.
>
> > I've found the people in mine to be very helpful and are quite
> > willing to come and meet you somewhere if you have a problem which
> > face to face help would be good for - usually they suggest for the
> > cost of a pint!!
> >

> Yup, mine too. I don't think I would have anywhere near the level of
> technical knowledge about Linux if it were not for my local LUG(s).
>
> Cheers,
> Al.

I get the idea from the forum that the aim of the game is for everyone to
become fully OSS literate! I have minimal technical knowledge- but I was
wondering if there might be people in the Skipton area interested in forming
a local LUG- the nearest at the moment is York?  Caroline

---
London School of Puppetry
www.londonschoolofpuppetry.com