[ubuntu-uk] Battle of the Operating Systems

David Morley davmor2 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 21:13:40 GMT 2007

On 24/01/07, London School of Puppetry <lspinfo at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi there, I was talking to friends about Linux (Ubuntu) said it was free-
> then they all look puzzled because they have never paid for it ...it comes
> free with a new computer.....so then what is my answer?  Caroline

Just explain that the windows os they use isn't free the cost of the
license is added to the total cost of the pc.  Then ask how they
intend to upgrade to vista when xp isn't supported anymore without
shelling out money.  Then add that with ubuntu because it is free of
cost it you pay nothing to upgrade ubuntu or the applications include
either.

--
Seek That Thy Might Know