[ubuntu-uk] Katapult

Eamonn Sullivan eamonn.sullivan at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 12:46:23 GMT 2007

On 1/23/07, Sean Hammond <chombee at nerdshack.com> wrote:
> Katapult is for KDE. On GNOME try gnome-launch-box or the deskbar panel applet:

I'd second the recommendation for deskbar. Install it via synaptic or,
from a terminal do:

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install deskbar-applet

Now, right click on the top or bottom panel (wherever you want the
applet) and choose deskbar. It's a bit more fiddly to set up than
Katapult, but potentially more useful. Right click on it, choose
preferences and turn on and reorder some of the extensions. On mine, I
have (in this order):

History
Programs
Del.icio.us Bookmarks
Dictionary
Beagle

Now, just press Alt-F3, begin typing the application you want to run
or whatever. Arrow down to your choice (if necessary) and press enter
to launch/open.

-Eamonn