[ubuntu-uk] Opensource on BBC Technology

Tony Arnold tony.arnold at manchester.ac.uk
Wed Jan 17 22:56:32 GMT 2007

Alan,

alan c wrote:
> London School of Puppetry wrote:
>> Could someone outline for me the benefits of using OSS in schools and
>> other publicly funded bodies- I feel in need of someone with knowledge
>> to tell me, Caroline
>
> although it is a bit of a historic document now (notice the dates) the
> excellent, long and well thought out letter from a Peruvian senator to
> MS is a riveting read, and as well as very informative, it is relevant
> still in terms of strategy:
>
> 'MS in Peruvian open-source nightmare'
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2002/05/19/ms_in_peruvian_opensource_nightmare/

I'd not seen that letter before, but it is brilliantly written and the
points raised still very pertinent today. Now if we had an MP here with
such understanding and clarity of vision this country would be much
better off!

Regards,
Tony.
E: tony.arnold at manchester.ac.uk, H: http://www.man.ac.uk/Tony.Arnold