[ubuntu-uk] LAN filesharing

Adam McMaster adam at moosoft.net
Fri Jan 12 12:19:37 GMT 2007

On 12 Jan 2007, at 11:35, Lee Willis wrote:

> - Cheap PC  with Ubuntu/SAMBA & iFolder to keep everything in sync
> (Anyone used this?)
>
> Any suggestions from people who've implemented one of the above (Or
> something similar), I'm particularly interested in how low a spec PC I
> could get away with for the PC options.

I've never used iFolder, but you might want to take a look at
Unison.  I use it to keep things in sync between my PC (currently
Debian) and my Mac, and also between my PC and my account at Uni
(Ubuntu).  I'm pretty sure you can run it on Windows as well, though
I've never tried.  It connects via SSH, so it's easy to set up.

--
Adam McMaster <adam at moosoft.net>