[ubuntu-uk] Ubuntu-UK forum

Paul Tansom paul at aptanet.com
Wed Jan 10 23:27:11 GMT 2007

** alan c <aeclist at candt.waitrose.com> [2007-01-04 11:42]:
> Mr W. F. Vening wrote:
> > Is it only me that finds mailing lists to be very non user friendly?
> > And IRC is quite good when there is a meeting going on but there is
> > not much which can get done when there is just a few active members.
>
> I generally *only* use mailing lists and I do not find them a problem
> at all.
> What is it that you find user unfriendly about a mailing list?
>
> I do use various forums but never on a regular basis. I find web based
> access cumbersome.
>
> It would be absolutely essential - for me - that a forum had a good
> facility to receive and send email. There are very few of these I
> think. A notable type that I do use regularly is yahoogroups - they
> are both web based and also email based, and work well (on email
> anyway). Yahoo took the facilty over from the earlier egroups some
> years ago.
** end quote [alan c]

Agreed. I may be a bit slow keeping up on this list at the moment, but
move to a forum (well, one that isn't transparantly accessible via a
mailing list as well) and I'm gone - not a deliberate act of "I'm off",
more a case of I never get back to forums, but do check on mailing lists
as I check through my mail.

Hmm, just though, this is my first post so I ought to add a "Hi" to that
:)

--
Paul Tansom | Aptanet Ltd. | http://www.aptanet.com/