[ubuntu-uk] Edgy sometimes stalls on boot.

Robert McWilliam rmcw at allmail.net
Fri Jan 5 22:16:27 GMT 2007

On Fri, 5 Jan 2007 22:07:52 +0000
"London School of Puppetry" <lspinfo at gmail.com> wrote:
> Can someone help me I am new to Ubuntu- last night some information
> appeared down in the right hand corner of the screen telling me about
> a bug.  The information ended up on the desktop and after a few hours
> I deleted it.  It was called bubblemon-bugreport.txt. How did it get
> there, where did it come from?
> Caroline

I think this will have been generated when bubblemon (a load monitor
displaying bubbles) crashed. Ubuntu has a system to detect when
programs crash and generate a report that should be helpful to the
developers in figuring out what went wrong. I'm not entirely sure how
this report landed on your desktop (but I've actually only once seen
the crash handler in action, and that was a while ago). There should
have been a dialogue brought up when the crash happened asking you if
you wanted to restart bubblemon and what you wanted to do with the
report.