[ubuntu-uk] ubuntu sophisticated

Robin Menneer robinmenneer at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 18:23:47 GMT 2007

Caroline
Suse has been around much longer than ubuntu and is a version of
linux, based on KDE (now owned by Novell).  Tiger is the current
operating system of Apple Mac computers, based on Unix.  Apple Mac is
an alternative world with many different ways of doing the same thing
which is very confusing to the beginner.  I have an ancient PC laptop
running ubuntu and a Mac mini.  Most of my work is done on Neooffice
(Apple Mac) and Open Office (Ubuntu), and they are near enouigh the
same freeware so no confusion arises.
Robin