[ubuntu-uk] Integrated graphics cards with Ubuntu

Kevin kevin.lists at ntlworld.com
Fri Jan 5 17:45:26 GMT 2007

Hi,

I'm thinking about getting myself a new PC, it'll be very cheap which of
course means integrated graphics which I believe is pretty much a no-no
as far as Linux is concerned.

How hard is it to disable this as I have a couple of video cards (albeit
old ones) that I could install into the machine myself. There is also a
slightly more expensive option to have the ASUS EN6200LE TC256/TD 64MB
(PCIX DVI VGA TV-Out)installed which is an integrated graphics card but
comes with 64 MB on the card itself and I was wondering if Linux would
recognise this.

Thanks for any help/advice

--
Kevin