[ubuntu-uk] ubuntu sophisticated

Robin Menneer robinmenneer at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 11:01:08 GMT 2007

Alan
Cornwall.  You can see some of my interests on www.cornishhedges.com.
(comments welcome).   Yes, I agree about different needs - all one
needs is a simple menu offering switchable facilities by function
rather than by name. Protection should be inbuilt with user status.
Surely in the 21st century we do not need an install person.  Aged
late-departed mother in laws should not have to be daunted by install
problems.  I gather one Ubuntu difficulty was with the display which
turned out to be merely a deficit in programming.
Robin