[ubuntu-uk] uploading files ftp

Colin Humphrey c.humphrey_00 at hotmail.co.uk
Mon Jan 1 16:20:51 GMT 2007

Yes.

So I thought.  I have attempted both commands from the terminal prompt and
on both occasions
I received these error messages:

"when I attempted mkdir I received this"

mkdir: cannot create directory '[/var/ftp/upload]' no such file or directory

--

"when I attempted chmod I received this"

chmod: missing operand after '777/var/ftp/upload'

If these are the wrong commands, anyone know the right ones and/or which
shell/directory they should be executed from?

Cheers

Colin