[ubuntu-uk] what's happened to ubuntu-uk ?

Robin Menneer robinmenneer at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 20:46:04 GMT 2007

On 2/20/07, Tony Arnold <tony.arnold at manchester.ac.uk> wrote:

> Ged,
>
> ged byrom wrote:
> > What's happened to ubuntu-uk mailing list ?..........I haven't had any
> > mail from it  since 16/2/07. I can't believe it's been so quiet for so
> > long. You lot never shut up.
> >  Let's get the show on the road.
>
> I was wondering the same thing! Maybe everyone is just quietly enjoying
> Ubuntu and not posting because 'it just works'!
>
> Regards,
> Tony.

I've only got a certain amount of time to expand my limited knowledge of
ubuntu, but when I get the chance I have queries about installing a printer
driver for Epson RX640  from  too-advanced instructions at abasys - the
help-line at epson professed to knowing nothing about Linux, let alone
ubuntu.  There are also  minor problems about using open office where
facilities described in help do not appear on the toolbar or menus.  BUT the
knowledge that you are all out there with your tongues hanging out and so
utterly anxious to help us thickies is very reassuring.  Watch this place
please.