[ubuntu-uk] Partition imagining and dvd burning.

Dave Ewart davee at sungate.co.uk
Mon Feb 12 21:50:17 GMT 2007

On Monday, 12.02.2007 at 21:37 +0000, Llywelyn Owen wrote:

> I'm looking for an open source or free partition imaging application,
> preferably one that doesn't need Windows to setup and can be booted
> from a cd/dvd. Ideally it would see SATA drives and NTFS/Reiser/EXT*
> formatted partitions. Oh, and a have a GUI!

Doesn't have a GUI (well, it does, but it's curses rather than
'graphical'), but you might want to check out partimage.

> I also need a way to burn iso images to DVD, as opposed to CDs, from
> within Linux. K3B does not not do DVDs. What else is there?

k3b *does* do DVDs.  What makes you think it does not?

Dave.
--
Dave Ewart - davee at sungate.co.uk - jabber: davee at jabber.org - freenode: davee
All email from me is now digitally signed, key from http://www.sungate.co.uk/