[ubuntu-uk] French FLOSS for Schools

Caroline Ford caroline.ford.work at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 5 20:54:38 GMT 2007

London School of Puppetry wrote:
> On 05/02/07, Benjamin Webb <bjwebb67 at googlemail.com> wrote:

>>> and they won't unless we keep up the offensive :) try writing to your MP
>>> benjamin i think most of us have had positive experiences doing that.
>>>

>> I have written once to my MP, about the Early Day Motion. He seemed
>> fairly supportive of Free Software, but couldn't sign the Motion
>> because of his position.
>>

> Because of his position?????? it's because of his position you wrote
> to him. Actually, I think we should all have a note of the names and
> addresses of the MPs of everyone on the forum.

I think members of the government (even all the way down to PPSes etc)
are not allowed (by protocol only I think) to sign early day motions.
It'll be his position as pps to the deputy minister for paperclips
that'll stop him signing it, not his position as an MP.

My MP is Harriet Harman - she is a minister and won't be able to sign
early day motions.

I'm not sure a generally supportive response means anything. They have
standard letters which they send out on these occasions - they don't
want to alienate you but they don't commit themselves to anything.

Caroline (secretlondon)