[ubuntu-uk] jpeg from vcd

norman norman at littletank.org
Sun Dec 30 18:32:34 GMT 2007

> > If you can sit by it as it is running vlc will allow you to get
> > screenshots from it, or frozen frames.
>
> That sounds a good idea, I will install vlc and try to run it. Have you
> any words of wisdom or is everything straightforward?

I installed vlc but, no matter what I tried, the vcd I have refused to
play. I tried a video I have in a folder, that played, I tried a dvd
that I had made, that played so I can only assume that I am failing to
do something which is so obvious that I cannot see it. My son assures me
that the vcd does play on his dvd player so any help will be gratefully
received.

Norman