[ubuntu-uk] Ubuntu Seasonal Song

Thomas Ibbotson thomas.ibbotson at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 00:56:24 GMT 2007

James Tait wrote:
> Farran wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 2007-12-24 at 17:45 +0000, Sean Miller wrote:
>>
>>> Fairy Tale of New York would be fun...
>>>
>>> "It was Christmas Eve babe, in the drunk tank, an old man said to me
>>> won't see another one
>>>  And then he sang a song, 'The Rare old Mountain Dew', I turned my
>>> face away and dreamed about you.. bunt... u..." ;-)
>>>
>>> "And the boys of the NYPD choir were singing out their best, as the
>>> drunks just finished up their install fest"
>>>
>>> Sean
>>>
>> very good... '',
>> how about "...and dreamed ubuntu..."?
>>

> Flows better that way. :)
>
> I did consider Fairy Tale of New York and would love to do it, but I
> think we're looking for something more specific to New Year, and I
> suspect it would be too long for this purpose (there's a challenge for
> you!).  Auld Lang Syne (my recording) came in at 30 seconds, FToNY would
> be a good couple of minutes. :)
>
> Having said all of that, I've failed to come up with anything at all.
>
> JT

It's Boxing day and I'm bored, so here's my attempt at an Ubuntu
flavoured Auld Lang Syne:

Verse 1:
"Should auld programming be forgot
and replaced with something new?
Should auld programming be forgot,
and install ubuntu?"

Chorus:
"Install ubuntu, my dear,
install ubuntu,
we'll tak some open source software,
and install ubuntu"

Verse 2:
"And there's support, my trusty fiere!
At no more cost to you!
We'll give you help both day and night,
when you install ubuntu."

I would go on, but perhaps it's best if I stop there. Try singing that
at the top of your lungs on New Year's eve!

Tom