[ubuntu-uk] Why some people will never switch

Mark Allison home at markallison.co.uk
Fri Dec 21 17:31:38 GMT 2007

Great responses! Thanks everyone. I think it comes down to some people view
their computer as a tool, and some people as a hobby. My Dad is certainly in
the former and doesn't care what OS he is using as long as it does the stuff
he wants. I'm sure that Ubuntu would do the stuff he wants, albeit in a
different way, but he has learnt that way now, and doesn't want to invest
time in learning a different way.

I posted here because I know some of you are very enthusiastic about getting
people to switch to Ubuntu, and I found it interesting that my Dad wanted XP
back because Vista was too different. I'm sure if he had started on Ubuntu,
he wouldn't switch to Windows (or Mac). He wasn't even seduced by my nice
20" iMac. Horses for courses... :-)

Mark.