[ubuntu-uk] Quad core CPU for Ubuntu, is it worth it?

Michael Erskine msemtd at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Dec 19 11:07:25 GMT 2007

On Tuesday 18 December 2007 20:21:46 Ian Pascoe wrote:
> But the problem lies in that very few applications currently have been set
> up to utilise multi threading - that is to say an application can spread
> it's load over multiple cores within the same machine.

Pretty much everything I write is multi-threaded (or at least forking
multi-process) where appropriate. I think you'll find that your major
applications (Firefox, OpenOffice, etc.) are similarly written.

Regards,
Michael Erskine.

--
UNIX is many things to many people, but it's never been everything to anybody.