[ubuntu-uk] Fw: Mp3 to Ogg Conversion

Pete Stean peteste at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 18 16:45:50 GMT 2007

It also depends on the quality of the original MP3s - personally I can
hear 'artifacts' in music ripped up to about 220kbps. If you ripped
them at 160kbps then I wouldn't suggest getting decent speakers or
headphones in teh future, because those converted files are going to
start to sound really, really ropey

My best advice would be, if you don't have a *very* good reason to
convert them, then leave them as MP3s and just start ripping new stuff
to decent bit-rate ogg as you get new material.

Pete