[ubuntu-uk] Problems with broadband

Martyn martyn.pattison at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 09:36:21 GMT 2007

> > > Im with Virgin media. i have a motorola modem, a linksy router...and
> > > im running gutsy!!
> > >
> > > Can anyone think of what might have happened?
> > >
> > They had an outage.
> > I had the same issue here in wolverhampton
>
> As did I in Farnborough.
>
> Cheers,
> Al.

Me too (Hampshire), but I was in the middle of setting up my daughters
Christmas pressie (new laptop) with Vista (I know, I know, I feel
dirty :-o ), anyway I was already cursing it and jumped straight to
the wrong conclusion when t'Internet died, but a quick check on my own
trusty laptop (Ubuntu) revealed that I couldn't blame Micro$oft for it
this time.

I also went through power cycling the router & modem to no avail, but
having read this I hope it will all be back to normal when I get home
tonight.