[ubuntu-uk] Stop Ubuntu

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Sat Dec 15 12:44:30 GMT 2007

Hi Dennis,

On Sat, Dec 15, 2007 at 06:04:00AM +0000, Dennis Holdroyd wrote:
> I have constant messages downloading to my e-mail I only asked a question

I see no questions from you to the Ubuntu UK LoCo mailing list.

If you subscribe to a mailing list then you get mails from that list. That's
what mailing lists do. If you would like to unsubscribe from the mailing
list, or change options to enable you to get a daily digest mail rather than
lots of individual mails then go here:-

> with regard to my new ubuntu download  not one answer did I get yet a load
> of rubbish with stupid abbreviations that only the senders are in the know
> about.

Dennis, this is just plain rude. I appreciate you may be frustrated, but
please don't take it out on us volunteers.

> How do I get rid.

Of _what_?

Please take a deep breath and compose a mail without insulting or ranting at
anyone, and describe the problem you are having and we would be delighted to
help you.

> I will dump ubuntu of my machine if I do not get
> more sense out of the so called community.

Insulting us and threatening to remove Ubuntu isn't really a great way to
win friends and influence people is it?

> I have never ever had a reply to
> any question asked.

Show me a link to the questions you have asked and I will attempt to answer
them. I have an archive of every mail ever sent to this mailing list and as
I said, I see no questions from you.

We can't answer questions we don't see can we?

Cheers,
Al.