[ubuntu-uk] Stop Ubuntu

Matthew Wild mwild1 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 06:44:22 GMT 2007

Hi Dennis,

On Dec 15, 2007 6:04 AM, Dennis Holdroyd <holdroyd at googlemail.com> wrote:
> I have constant messages downloading to my e-mail I only asked a question
> with regard to my new ubuntu download  not one answer did I get yet a load
> of rubbish with stupid abbreviations that only the senders are in the know
> about. How do I get rid. I will dump ubuntu of my machine if I do not get

I can't find any record of your question on this list? Could it be
that it did not send successfully? Either that, or my searching skills
fail me.

If your question was not answered then I can guarantee it was not down
to it being ignored... feel free to ask again

> more sense out of the so called community. I have never ever had a reply to
> any question asked.

If you want help with technical problems, ask techies (and you are in
the right place), but they are unavoidably the same people that will
be found spouting acronyms you may not have heard of. The solution to
that is to ask about anything you don't understand, and people will be
more than happy to explain anything.

That said, the community is far wider than just this list, and there
are many other places you can find help if one particular method is
not working for you. More info here:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HowToGetHelp (see particularly the
section 'Where to ask for help')

I hope this helps.