[ubuntu-uk] (marketing) Ubuntu leaflets

alan c aeclist at candt.waitrose.com
Thu Dec 13 19:35:53 GMT 2007

Dianne Reuby wrote:
> I've been looking at the Ubuntu leaflets
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UKMarketing/Leaflets - none of them seem to
> include a link to ubuntuforums.com in the "getting help" sections. Is
> there any reason for this?

The leaflets from myself are either non Ubuntu specific (but with a
bias) or are close copies of the Shipit pack information.
For generalised leaflets, a specific link is not really appropriate,
and the shipit packs have their own direction.

I have often found that really new users - undoubtably windows users -
are so nervous that a busy and well organised forum, however patient
and friendly, is often too scary an idea for them until they are more
committed and have gathered more faith in the open source world
because they are talking to faceless people. My leaflets point readers
towards local forums where they have a choice to actually meet people
if they choose, and I verbally encourage contact with ubuntu forums.
--
alan cocks
Kubuntu user#10391