[ubuntu-uk] Shorewall internet sharing problems

Michael Rimicans heed at bigmassiveheed.co.uk
Wed Dec 12 18:38:59 GMT 2007

Greetings.

 Can any one show me the error of my ways with the following:

 Have set up shorewall on a gateway system to provide security and net
sharing duties.
 After banging my head against a wall it has finally allowed me to
connect a networked computer through to the wifi router.

 Now heres where the problem lies.

 I'm able to connect to the router (192.168 blah blah) with no problems
but when I try to surf elsewhere nothing
 happens.

 I'm able to ping the isp's dns server and get a reply and have tried
placing the address in the resolv.conf file on the gateway with no joy.

I await your words of wisdom

Michael