[ubuntu-uk] No title bar on windows.

Michael Holloway michael at thedarkwinter.com
Wed Dec 12 09:41:15 GMT 2007

On Tue, 2007-12-11 at 22:25 +0000, Ian Pascoe wrote:
> Andy, which desktop you using?
>
> There appears to be a couple of known problems with Compis and title bar
> locking off screen, eithre from launch or after being accidentally moved
> there and not being able to drag it back.

I think more importantly, what video card are you using - let me guess,
NVidia? There has been a problem with this for ages, since the old
compiz,  through beryl, and now into Compiz-Fusion (Which ubuntu calls
Advanced Desktop Effects)

There have been many a work-around in the past,some which still work,
some dont.

There general consensus seems to be to edit your /etc/X11/xorg.conf
file,  find the device sections add add the two "AddRGb...."'s as
follows:

//
Section "Device"
	Identifier	"Generic Video Card"
	Driver		"nvidia"
	Busid		"PCI:1:0:0"
	Option		"AddARGBVisuals"	"True"
	Option		"AddARGBGLXVisuals"	"True"
EndSection
//

I give that about a 10% chance of working (sorry)... however, and this is the
part that i throw out the the community... in beryl-manager
there was an option to set something to "copy". Can't remember what
it was, but it worked. Does anyone know what i'm talking about,or if
there is a similar option somewhere in compiz?