[ubuntu-uk] No title bar on windows.

Stephen Drake stevepdrake at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 11 20:13:51 GMT 2007

On Tue, 2007-12-11 at 19:31 +0000, Andrew Jenkins wrote:
> I've been playing around with the Advanced Desktop
> Effects Settings.  Since this, everytime I open a
> window/application it opens with the top of the
> window at the top edge of the screen and the 'title
> bar' (the bit above the menu bar) off the top edge of
> the screen.  The only way I can get to it is to right-
> click the application on the lower applications open
> panel and click the 'move', whereupon I can drag the
> window back down a little and reveal the title bar.
>
> Even if I close the app with the window pulled down
> in this manner it will open next time as before (no
> title bar visible).
>
> I've unset all the things I set up in the Advanced
> settings but to no avail.  Anybody have any ideas?
>
> Andy Jenkins.

The only time I've seen anything like this is when compiz's window
decorator failed for some reason, but that results in the window bar
disappearing completely. I usually just restarted metacity with
"metacity --replace" and it sorted itself out.

You should still be able to move the windows by holding alt + left click
to drag.

Regards

Steve