[ubuntu-uk] Macro-style functionality

Freddie Ruddick frederific at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 11 18:49:11 GMT 2007

Hi,

Call me boring and predictable if you will, but most of my computer time
is spent listening to music in Rhythmbox, and IMing on Pidgin. Thus,
when I leave my computer, I need to pause the music, set Pidgin to away,
and then lock my screen.

Is there any way I can combine these 3 actions into a macro or somesuch,
so that I can whack a keyboard shortcut, or click one launcher to do all
3? I'm not immune to a bit of CLI/bash coding if necessary (and I reckon
it will be...), but I'd rather not have to change the apps I use.

Thanks a lot,

Freddie :)