[ubuntu-uk] What I love about Linux.

Andrew Jenkins andrew.jenkins at bigfoot.com
Tue Dec 4 20:31:52 GMT 2007

Now I remember why I use Linux and not some
'other' OS.

Bought a cheapo USB Wireless Dongle on eBay
which I received today.  It came with a disc
and instructions for that Win thing, all
looked a bit daunting.

So I plugged it in, went to the Network settings
in Ubuntu and specified the network, IP address,
subnet and gateway.  Then it was a simple matter
of using the wife's laptop to update my access
point with the new MAC address and voilà, all
connected to the web in less than a minute.

Now what was all that stuff about drivers, rebooting
and the like?

Andy J.