[ubuntu-uk] Shockwave plug in alternative

George MacLeod bhaltair at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 13:28:07 BST 2007

Yeah, I had a look at Gnash and installed through Synaptic but as Terence
says this only plays Flash and since Adobe already provide a Flash player
plug in for Linux I guess it's only use would be in playing stand alone
Flash files.

If you load a web page with a Flash component it plays just fine (if you
have the plugin) but if you do the same with a page with a Director
component you just get unknown plug in (application x-director).